- The act of slighting; a deliberate act of neglect or discourtesy.
adjective ((compar): slighter, (superl): slightest)
- To treat as slight or not worthy of attention, to make light of.
- To treat with disdain or neglect.
- To act negligently or carelessly.
- To overthrow; to demolish.
- To make even or level.
- To throw heedlessly.
- small, Small, weak or gentle; not decidedly marked; not forcible; inconsiderable; unimportant; insignificant; not severe.
- a (i.e., feeble) effort
- a (i.e., not deep) impression
- a (i.e., not convincing) argument
- a (i.e., not thorough) examination
- a (i.e., not severe) pain
- Not stout or heavy; slender.
- a but graceful woman
- Foolish; silly; weak in intellect.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for slight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of slight