- (uncountable) The state of reduced consciousness during which a human or animal rests in a daily rhythm.
verb (sleeps, sleeping, slept)
- I really need some .
- (countable) (informal) An act or instance of sleeping.
- I"m just going to have a quick .
- (uncountable) A substance found in the corner of the eyes after waking, whether real or a figurative objectification of sleep (in the sense of reduced consciousness).
- Wipe the from your eyes.
- (intransitive) To rest in a state of reduced consciousness.
- You should 8 hours a day.
- (transitive) To accommodate in beds.
- This caravan can up to four people.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sleep for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sleep