- A metallic runner with a frame shaped to fit the sole of a shoe, -- made to be fastened under the foot, and used for moving rapidly on ice.
- abbreviated form of ice skate or roller skate
- The act of skateboarding
verb (skat, ing)
- There's time for a quick skate before dinner.
- The act of roller skating
- Let's skate in the park.
- The act of ice skating
- The boys had a skate every morning when the lake was frozen.
- To move along a surface (ice or ground) using skates.
- To skateboard
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for skate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of skate