adjective (silli, er)
- foolish, showing a lack of good sense and wisdom.
adverb (silli, er)
- I made a very silly mistake.
- irresponsible, showing irresponsible behaviors.
- What a silly kid, he's always getting in trouble.
- playful, giggly.
- The newlyweds called each other silly little nicknames.
- The impact of the ball knocked him silly.
- (cricket) of a fielding position, very close to the batsman; closer than short
- (pejorative) simple, not intelligent, refined.
- John was prosperous and his helpless, silly father could be of no use to him.
- until the point of distraction
- bored . very very very foolish
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for silly for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of silly