noun (Plural: shutters)
- Protective panels, usually wooden, placed over windows to block out the light.
- The part of a camera that opens for a controlled period of time to let light in during taking a picture.
- To close the shutters.
- Shutter the windows, there's a storm coming!
- To close up a building for a prolonged period of inoccupancy.
- It took all day to the cabin now that the season has ended.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shutter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of shutter