- A short circuit.
- (baseball) shortstop
- Jones smashes a grounder between third and .
- (transitive) To cause a short circuit
- Having a small distance from one end or edge to another, either horizontally or vertically dimensions.
- A word or phrase that can be said or written in less time to represent another word or phrase.
- "Tater" is for "potato".
- (context, of a person) With less height
- (cricket, of a ball) that bounced relatively far from the batsman
- (cricket, of a fielder or fielding position) relatively close to the batsman
Etymology: (term, scort, lang=ang)
- (cricket) of a cricket ball, to bounce relatively far from the batsman so that it bounces higher than normal; opposite of full
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for short for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of short