- (nautical) The curve of the main deck or gunwale from bow to stern.
- (nautical) An abrupt swerve from the course of a ship.
adjective (er, more)
- (nautical) To swerve from a course.
- To shear. (rare/archaic?)
- (context, textiles) Very thin or transparent.
- Her light, dress caught everyone's attention.
- pure, Pure; unmixed; being only what it seems to be.
- I think it is genius to invent such a thing.
- This poem is nonsense.
- Straight up and down; vertical; perpendicular.
- It was a drop of 180 feet.
- Clean, clean; quite; at once.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sheer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sheer