- The process or act of selecting.
Etymology: From selectus, from seligere "choose out, select," from se- "apart" + legere "to gather, select"
- The large number of good candidates made selection difficult.
- Something selected.
- My final selection was a 1934 Chateau Lafitte.
- A variety of items taken from a larger collection.
- I've brought a selection of fine cheeses to go with your wine.
- A musical piece.
- For my next selection, I'll play Happy Birthday in F-sharp minor.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for selection for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of selection