noun (securit, ies)
Etymology: From securite < (French: sécurité) < securitas < securus "safe, secure".
- the condition of not being threatened, especially physically, psychologically, emotionally, or financially
- something that secures.
- an organization or department responsible for providing security by enforcing laws, rules, and regulations as well as maintaining order.
- (legal) something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation or law.
- (legal) Freedom from apprehension.
- (finance) proof of ownership of stocks, bonds or other investment instruments
- (finance) property temporarily relinquished to guarantee repayment of a loan
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for security for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of security