- A physical divider intended to block an area from view.
- A material woven from fine wires intended to block animals or large particles from passing while allowing gasses, liquids and finer particles to pass.
- The informational viewing area of electronic output devices; the result of the output.
- 1977, Sex Pistols, Spunk, "Problems":
- : You won't find me living for the
- The viewing area of a movie, or moving picture or slide presentation
- (basketball) An offensive tactic in which a player stands so as to block a defender from reaching a teammate.
- (baseball) The protective netting which protects the audience from flying objects
- Jones caught the foul up against the .
- To filter by passing through a screen.
- Mary screened the beans to remove the clumps of gravel.
- To remove information, or censor intellectual material from viewing
- The news report was screened because it accused the politician of wrongdoing.
- (context, film, television) To present publicly (on the screen).
- The news report will be screened at 11:00 tonight.
- To fit with a screen.
- We need to this porch. These bugs are driving me crazy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for screen for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of screen