- (countable) A disruption, mark or shallow cut on a surface made by scratching.
verb (scratch, es)
- I can"t believe there is a in the paint already.
- Her skin was covered with tiny scratches.
- (slang) money
- I need a little .
- To rub a surface with a sharp object, especially by a living creature to remove itching with nails, claws, etc.
- Could you please my back?
- To rub the skin with rough material causing a sensation of irritation.
- I don't like that new scarf because it scratches my neck.
- To mark a surface with a sharp object, thereby leaving; a (noun).
- A real diamond can easily a pane of glass.
- To remove, ignore or delete.
- Scratch what I said earlier; I was wrong.
- for or consisting of preliminary or tentative, incomplete, etc. work
- This is paper, so go ahead and scribble whatever you want on it.
- (computer) from scratchpad), describes a data structure or recording medium attached to a machine for testing or temporary-use purposes; one that can be scribbled on without loss. Usually in the combining forms scratch memory, scratch register, scratch disk, scratch tape, scratch volume, scratch space. See also scratch monkey.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scratch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scratch