verb (scrambl, ed)
- A rush or hurry
- (military) An emergency defensive air force mission to intercept attacking enemy aircraft.
- A motocross race
- To move hurriedly to a location using all limbs against a surface.
- To proceed to a location or an objective in a disorderly manner.
- To mix food ingredients in a mix to be cooked into a loose mass.
- To process telecommunication signals to make them unintelligable to an unauthorized listener.
- (military) To quickly enter vehicles, usually aircraft, and proceed to a destination in response to an alert, usually to intercept an attacking enemy.
- (sports) To partake in motocross
- To ascend rocky terrain as a leisure activity
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scramble for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scramble