- The result or output of a scan.
verb (scan, n, ing)
- After the was done the doctors looked at the images and made a diagnosis.
- (obsolete): To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
- To examine sequentially, part by part.
- (computing): To create a digital copy of an image using a scanner.
- To look about for.
- He scanned the horizon.
- (poetry) To fit or conform to a specific meter.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scan for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scan