verb (savages, savaging, savaged) (transitive)
- A savage person.
- (figurative) A defiant person.
- To attack or assault someone or something ferociously or without restraint.
- (figurative) To criticise vehemently.
- His latest film was savaged by most reviewers.
- (context, of an animal) To attack with the teeth
- wild; not cultivated
- barbaric; not civilized
- fierce and ferocious
- brutal, vicious or merciless
- That woman across the street died from a murder.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for savage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of savage