- (countable) construction withered by time.
- (uncountable) The state of being a ruin, destroyed or decayed.
- The monastery has fallen into .
- (uncountable) Something which leads to serious troubles.
- Gambling has been the to many.
- (transitive) to cause the ruin of
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : In one way, indeed, he bade fair to us; for he kept on staying week after week, and at last month after month, so that all the money had been long exhausted...
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ruin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ruin