- The course or way which is traveled or passed, or is to be passed.
verb (rout, ing)
- The was used so much that it formed a rut.
- A passing; a course; a road or path; a march.
- The way to do something.
- To direct or divert along a particular course.
Etymology: From rute (French: French, route) "road, way, path" (source: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=route route on Etymonline)
- All incoming mail was routed through a single office.
- (Internet) to connect two local area network, local area networks, thereby forming an internet
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for route for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of route