- (given name, female), vernacular form of the medieval Rosa, reinforced by the English noun rose
- A diminutive of the given name Rosemary
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Rose for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Rose
- a shrub of the genus Rosa, with red, pink, white or yellow flowers
- a flower of the rose plant
- Something resembling a rose flower.
- (colour) a purple, purplish-red or pink colour, the colour of some rose flowers
- <table><tr><td>rose colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- D08D96?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- a round nozzle for a sprinkling can or hose.
- the base of a light socket.
- a type of wine.
<!--these belong on the page for "rise"
- (simple past of, rise)
Etymology: From Old English rose < Latin rosa, possibly related to Ancient Greek á.
- (colour) having a purplish-red or pink colour. See rosy
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rose for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rose