- a cut of meat suited to roasting
- a roast meal
- a comical, light-hearted event where a person is praised by sarcasm and jokes.
- to cook food by heating in an oven or over fire without covering, resulting in a crisp, possibly even slightly charred appearance to the food.
- to admonish someone vigorously
- I"m late home for the fourth time this week; my boyfriend will really me this time.
Etymology: rosten, from rostir (modern: rítir), of Germanic origin
- having been cooked by roasting
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for roast for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of roast