- A piece of information describing, or an account of certain events given or presented to someone.
- A by the telecommunications ministry showed that the phone network has a severe capacity problem.
- (ballistics) The loud echo sound from a gun.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : ...a pistol-shot, flash and , came from the hedge-side.
- (intransitive) (news) To relate details of an event or incident.
- This was our correspondent reporting from Baghdad, Iraq.
- (intransitive) (military) To show up or appear at an appointed time; to present oneself.
- (transitive): To notify of.
- The nuclear plant reported the incident to the authorities.
- Riots have been reported from a remote province of the country.
- To be accountable.
- The financial director reports to the CEO
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for report for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of report