verb (remedies, remedying, remedied, remedied)
- Something that corrects or counteracts.
- The legal means to recover a right or to prevent or obtain redress for a wrong.
- A medicine, application, or treatment that relieves or cures a disease.
- (transitive) To provide or serve as a remedy for.
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. Â§ 27.
- : Nor is geometry, when taken into the assistance of natural philosophy, ever able to this defect,
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for remedy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of remedy