noun (plural: remarks)
- Act of pointing out or attentively noticing; notice or observation.
- The expression, in speech or writing, of something remarked or noticed; the mention of that which is worthy of attention or notice; hence, also, a casual observation, comment, or statement; as, a pertinent remark.
- To make a remark or remarks; to comment.
- To mark in a notable manner; to distinquish clearly; to make noticeable or conspicuous; to point out.
- To take notice of, or to observe, mentally; as, to remark the manner of a speaker.
- To express in words or writing, as observed or noticed; to state; to say; -- often with a substantive clause; as, he remarked that it was time to go.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for remark for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of remark