noun (plural: )
- A member of a religious order.
- I am only one among the many of this church.
- Concerning religion.
Etymology: Various theories exist: From the Latin religio, "respect for what is sacred". Latin re- and legere -- "to read again". Latin religare, "to bind".
- It is the job of this court to rule on legal matters. We do not consider issues.
- Committed to the practice of religion.
- I was much more as a teenager than I am now.
- Highly dedicated, as one would be to a religion.
- I'm a fan of college basketball.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for religious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of religious