verb (relat, ing)
- (transitive) To tell in a descriptive way.
- (transitive) To give an association.
- (transitive) To make a connection from sth to sth (e.g. to this to that).
- (intransitive) To have a connection.
- (intransitive) To interact.
- (intransitive) To respond through reaction.
- (context, intransitive, contrued with to) To identify with, understand.
- From relÄtus, past participle of referre.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for relate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of relate