- A formal recording of names, events, transactions etc.
- A book of such entries.
- An entry in such a book.
- The act of registering.
- A device that automatically records a quantity etc.
- (computing) Part of the central processing unit used to store and manipulate numbers.
- (printing) The exact alignment of lines, margins and colors.
- (music) The range of a voice or instrument.
- (music) An organ stop.
- (Always voluntary) To sign over for safe keeping. Abandons complete ownership for partial.
- (linguistics) a style of a language used in a particular context
Etymology: From registrum, from regesta.
- (transitive) To enter in a register.
- (transitive) To enroll, especially to vote.
- (transitive) To record, especially in writing.
- (transitive) To express outward signs.
- (context, transitive, mail) To record officially and handle specially.
- (context, transitive, printing) To adjust so as to be properly aligned.
- (intransitive) To place one's name, or have one's name placed in a register.
- (intransitive) To enroll as a student.
- (intransitive) To make an impression.
- (intransitive) To be in proper alignment.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for register for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of register