- The action or fact of calling someone or something back.
- memory, Memory; the ability to remember.
- In w:Information retrieval, Information retrieval, the fraction of (all) relevant material that is returned by a search
- (transitive) To call back, bring back or summon to a specific place, station etc.
Etymology: From re- + call, modelled on Latin revocare or French rappeler.
- He was recalled to service after his retirement.
- She was recalled to London for the trial.
- (transitive) To remember, recollect.
- I don't that story.
- (transitive) To request or order someone or something to return, especially that a product or batch of products be returned to its manufacturer for repair or replacement
- (transitive) To cancel or annul, especially of a journey undertaken by an official.
- California voters recalled Governor Gray Davis in 2003.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for recall for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of recall