adjective (er, more)
- A commodity; see reality.
- (grammar) One of the three genders that the common gender can be separated into in the Scandinavian languages.
- That can be characterized as a confirmation of truth.
- That has physical existence.
- No one has ever seen a real unicorn because they don't exist.
- (economics) Having been adjusted to remove the effects of inflation; contrasted with nominal.
- real consumption
- real GNP
- (economics) Relating to the result of the actions of rational agents; relating to neoclassical economic models as opposed to Keynesian models.
- (mathematics) Relating to numbers with a one-to-one correspondence to the points on a line.
- Relating to immovable tangible property.
- real estate
- real property
- That is an exemplary or pungent instance of a class or type.
- a real problem
- a real hero
- Genuine, not faked.
- real tears
- Genuine, not artificial.
- real leather
- (slang) Signifying meritorious qualities or actions especially in regards to enjoying life, prowess at sports and success wooing potential partners.
- keeping it real
- (colloquial) really.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for real for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of real