- An increase in wages.
verb (rais, ing)
- The boss gave me a .
- (weightlifting) A shoulder exercise in which the arms are elevated against resistance.
- (curling) A shot in which the delivered stone bumps another stone forward.
- (poker) A bet which raised the previous bet.
- To cause to rise.
- Raise your hand if want to say something.
- To collect.
- He raises a lot of money for charity.
- To be brought up; to mature
- Chew with your mouth shut — were you raised in a barn?
- (poker) To respond to an initial bet by increasing the amount required to continue in the hand.
- John bet, and Julie raised requiring John to put in more money.
- To create; to constitute (a use, or a beneficial interest in property).
- There should be some consideration (i.e. payment or exchange) to raise a use.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for raise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of raise