- Rent or worn into tatters, or till the texture is broken; as, a ragged coat; a ragged sail.
- Broken with rough edges; having jags; uneven; rough; jagged; as, ragged rocks.
- Hence, harsh and disagreeable to the ear; dissonant.
Etymology: From rag
- A noise of mirth. -Herbert.
- Wearing tattered clothes; as, a ragged fellow.
- Rough; shaggy; rugged.
- What shepherd owns those sheep? -Dryden.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ragged for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ragged