- Violent uncontrolled anger.
verb (rag, ing)
- "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Dylan Thomas, Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night.
- A current fashion or fad.
- ". . . all the rage."
Etymology: raige (French: French, rage), from rabia, from rabies "anger, fury".
- (intransitive): To act or speak in uncontrolled anger.
- (intransitive): To move with great violence, as a storm etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rage