- A flat structure made of planks, barrels etc., that floats on water, and is used for transport, emergency, emergencies or a platform for swimmers.
- A flat-bottomed inflatable craft for floating or drifting on water.
- A large (but unspecified) number, a lot.
- All we've ever got from you is a of promises.
Etymology: From the Old Norse word raptr, originally meaning 'beam' or 'rafter'. Cognate with "rafter".
- (transitive) to convey on a raft
- (transitive) to make into a raft
- (intransitive) to travel by raft
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for raft for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of raft