- Several small mammals of the family Leporidae (rabbits and hares), with long ears, long hind legs and a short, fluffy tail. Confusingly, jackrabbit is a hare.
verb (rabbits, rabbitting, rabbitted)
- The pioneers survived by eating the small game they could get; rabbits, squirrels and occasionally a raccoon.
- The fur of a rabbit typically used to imitate another animal's fur.
- A runner in a distance race whose goal is mainly to set the pace, either to tire a specific rival so that a teammate can win or to help another break a record; a pacesetter.
- (cricket) A very poor batsman; selected as a bowler or wicket-keeper.
- (intransitive) To hunt rabbits.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rabbit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rabbit