- Completely; wholly; entirely; totally; perfectly.
Etymology: quit, quite.
- The work is not done; you are mistaken.
- To a great extent or degree; very; very much; considerably.
- The car is damaged.
- I find him adorable.
- To a moderate extent or degree (tone of speech will often indicate this almost conflicting usage)
- Well, I like the painting.
- Work was OK today.
- Work went well today.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of quite