verb (purpos, ing)
- An object to be reached; a target; an aim; a goal.
- A result that is desired; an intention.
- The act of intending to do something; resolution; determination.
- The subject of discourse; the point at issue.
- The reason for which something is done, or the reason it is done in a particular way.
- (transitive) Have set as one's purpose; resolve to accomplish; intend; plan.
- (transitive) (passive) designed, Designed for some purpose.
- (noun) From Middle English purpos, from Old French purposer (to propose), from Latin prÅ- (forth) + poser (to put).
- (verb) From Middle English purposen, from Old French purposer (to propose).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for purpose for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of purpose