verb (purg, ing)
- the act of purging
- evacuation of the bowels or of pipes
- forcible removal of undesirable people from political activity, etc.
Etymology: French purger, Latin purgare, from purus, "clean", "pure".
- (transitive) to clean thoroughly; to cleanse; to rid of impurity, impurities
- (transitive) (religion) to free from sin, guilt, or the burden or responsibility of misdeeds
- (transitive) (medicine) to void the bowel
- (transitive) (law) to clear of a charge, suspicion, or imputation
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for purge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of purge