noun (prox, ies)
- An agent or substitute authorized to act for another person.
- The authority to act for another, especially when written.
- (software) An interface for a service, especially for one that is remote, resource-intensive, or otherwise difficult to use directly.
- (science) A measurement of one physical quantity that is used as an indicator of the value of another
- Used as a proxy or acting as a proxy.
- a indicator
- a measurement
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for proxy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of proxy