- (countable) a quantity of something that is part of the whole amount or number.
- (uncountable) harmonious relation of parts to each other or to the whole.
- (countable) proper or equal share.
- (uncountable) the relation of one part to another or to the whole with respect to magnitude, quantity, or degree.
- (context, mathematics, countable) A statement of equality between two ratios.
- To set or render in proportion.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for proportion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of proportion