- To move, pass, or go forward or onward; to advance; to continue or renew motion begun; as, to proceed on a journey.
- To pass from one point, topic, or stage, to another; as, to proceed with a story or argument.
- To issue or come forth as from a source or origin; to come from; as, light proceeds from the sun.
- To go on in an orderly or regulated manner; to begin and carry on a series of acts or measures; to act by method; to prosecute a design.
- To be transacted; to take place; to occur.
- To have application or effect; to operate.
- To begin and carry on a legal process.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for proceed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of proceed