- Marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction
Etymology: From praetensus 'false or hypocritial profession' (past participle of praetendo, praetendÅ); via Middle French pretensse "putting forth a claim"
- Their song titles are in the context of their basic lyrics.
- ostentatious, Ostentatious; intended to impress others
- Her dress was obviously more than comfortable.
- (rfv-sense) Demanding of skill or daring
- The challenge was and inherently dangerous.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pretentious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pretentious