- someone (or something) who is loved; a darling
- "It isn't fair, my to ask us what it's got in its nasty pockets" - J. R. R. Tolkein, The Hobbit
- of high value or worth.
- The crown had many gemstones
- regarded with love or tenderness.
- My daughter is to marry
- treating something with too much reverence.
- He spent hours painting the eyes of the portrait, which his fellow artists regarded as a bit .
- used as an intensifier
- There is little we can do
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for precious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of precious