- Physical force or strength.
- Control and influence over another entity and its actions.
- He exerted his upon his subordinates to obtain illicit, personal satisfaction.
- The party has won thanks to the influence of its charismatic leader.
- (physics) A measure of the rate of doing work or transferring energy.
- (physics) A rate to magnify an optical image by a lens or mirror.
- (Biblical tradition) in Christian angelology, the fourth level of angels, ranked above archangels and below principality, principalities
- (mathematics) A product of equal factors. Notation and usage: xn, read as "x to the power of " or "x to the th power", denotes x × x × ... × x, in which x appears times, where is called the exponent; the definition is extended to non-integer and complex exponents.
- Electricity supply.
- A nation having a strong military and/or economy.
- (settheory) Cardinality.
- (transitive) To provide power for (a mechanical or electronic device).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for power for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of power