- A person who carries luggage and related objects.
- By the time I reached the train station I was exhausted, but fortunately there was a porter waiting.
- In the bowling industry, an employee who clears and cleans tables and puts bowling balls away.
- A strong, dark ale, originally favored by porters, similar to a stout but less strong.
- (Ireland) Another name for stout.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for porter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of porter