noun (polic, ies)
- A plan or course of action, especially one of an organization or government
Etymology: From policie < politia "the state" < Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (politeia) "state, government" From police < polizza < apodissa "receipt for money" < Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (apodeixis) "proof, declaration"
- The Communist Party has a of returning power to the workers
- A course of action thought to be prudent or advantageous; hence prudence or sagacity
- Honesty is the best
- A contract of insurance
- Your insurance covers fire and theft only.
- (obsolete)an illegal lottery in late nineteenth and early twentieth century USA (no plural)
- Some players frequented shops
- A statement of requirement, often used in an organisation to instruct personnel as to a specific course of action.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for policy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of policy