verb to poise (poises, poised, poising)
- A state of balance, equilibrium or stability
- Composure; freedom from embarrassment or affectation
- mien; bearing or deportment of the head or body
- A condition of hovering, or being suspended
- (physics) A cgs unit of dynamic viscosity equal to one dyne-second per square centimeter.
- To balance or to hover
- To draw up into readiness
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for poise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of poise