- A location or place.
- (geometry) A zero-dimensional mathematical object representing a location in one or more dimensions.
- A particular moment in an event or occurrence.
- At this point in the meeting, I'd like to propose a new item for the agenda.
- The sharp tip of an object.
- A peninsula.
- (arithmetic) A decimal point (used when reading decimal fractions aloud).
- 10.5 ("ten point five"; = ten and a half)
- An opinion which adds (or supposedly adds) to the discussion.
- A unit of measure of success or failure in a game or competition; the unit of score, scoring.
- The one with the most points will win the game
- Germany awarded Greece the maximum 12 points in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- The color/colour on the extremities of an animal (typically darker or richer) than the rest of the coat).
- The point color of that cat was a deep, rich sable.
- (rail transport, Commonwealth) a device by which trains change tracks; switch
- (cricket) a fielding position square of the wicket on the off side, between gully and cover.
- The position at the front or vanguard of an advancing force.
- 2005: Willie Jones decided to become Kimani Jones, Black Panther, on the day his best friend, Otis Nicholson, stepped on a mine while walking during a sweep in the central highlands. " Martin Torgoff, Can't Find My Way Home (Simon & Schuster 2005, p. 189)
- (nautical) An angle equivalent to eleven and a quarter degrees, that is 1/32 of a circle. Most commonly used to indicate a relative bearing to an object or vessel, but can be used to describe a compass bearing.
- (intransitive) To extend the index finger in the direction of something in order to show where it is or to draw attention to it.
- It's rude to at other people.
- (transitive) To direct or encourage (someone) in a particular direction
- If he asks for food, him toward the refrigerator.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for point for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of point