noun (plural pluses or plusses)
- A positive quantity.
- An asset or useful addition.
- He is a real to the team.
- (arithmetic) A plus sign: +.
- Being positive rather than negative or zero.
Etymology: From plusLatin, plus "more".
- -2 = +4 ("minus 2 times minus 2 equals four")
- Positive, or involving advantage.
- He is a factor.
- (physics) electrically, Electrically positive.
- A battery has both a pole and a minus pole.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plus