- Seemingly or apparently valid, likely, or acceptable; credible: a plausible excuse.
- Worthy of being applauded; praiseworthy; commendable; ready.
- Obtaining approbation; specifically pleasing; apparently right; specious; as, a plausible pretext; plausible manners; a plausible delusion.
- Using specious arguments or discourse; as, a plausible speaker.
- A possibility in reason or thought experiment, but which may as a matter of fact be true or false, the truth of which is yet unknown to the thinker.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plausible for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plausible