- An expanse of land with relatively low relief.
- 1961: J. A. Philip. Mimesis in the Sophistíªs of Plato. In: Proceedings and Transactions of the American Philological Association 92. p. 467.
- : For Plato the life of the philosopher is a life of struggle towards the goal of knowledge, towards "searching the heavens and measuring the plains, in all places seeking the nature of everything as a whole"
- ordinary; lacking adornment or ornamentation.
- (computing) containing no non-printing characters; ASCII code values 32 through 126.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plain for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plain