- a raised platform built from the shore out over water, supported on piles; used to secure, or provide access to shipping; a jetty
- a similar structure, especially at a seaside resort, used to provide entertainment
- (American)(nautical) A structure that projects tangentially from the shoreline to accommodate ships; often double-sided.
- a structure supporting the junction between two spans of a bridge
- (architecture) a rectangular pillar, or similar structure, that supports an arch, wall or roof
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pier for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pier