- A representation of visible reality produced by drawing, painting, printing, photography, etc.
- A painting.
verb (pictur, ing)
- There was a hanging above the fireplace.
- A photograph.
- I took a of that church.
- (context, informal) A motion picture.
- Casablanca is my all-time favorite .
- (context, dated, informal) (italbrac, "the pictures") Cinema (as a form of entertainment)
- Let's go to the pictures.
- (transitive): To make a picture of.
- (transitive): To imagine or envision.
- Picture yourself on a beach.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for picture for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of picture