- obstinately, Obstinately refusing to give up or let go.
- She has had a cough for weeks.
- insistently, Insistently repetitive.
- There was a knocking on the door.
- indefinitely, Indefinitely continuous.
- There have been rumours for years.
- (botany) Lasting past maturity without falling off.
- Pine cones have scales.
- (Computer science) About some data or data structures: existing after the execution of the program. Remaining in existence past the lifetime of the program that creates it.
- Once written to a disk file the data becomes and it will still be there tomorrow when we run the next program.
- This way transient value becomes .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for persistent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of persistent